Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Guangzhou- days 10-11

Day 10
Today we went to the Shamian Island to shop. I had been told about a store called Jenny's and I found it. We did most shopping here because they basically all have most of the same things but the more you buy in one store the better deal you get. We bought shoes shoes and shoes that all squeak but several sizes :)! I did have her show me how to pull the squeakers out :)! We also bought some little gifts for the boys here that I hope they will like. She added everything up and said 1500 (Chinese) and all I had was 1000. After some begging and me telling her I would promote her shop on some adoption facebook pages she said yes but had forgotten to add in a tea set so she ended up throwing that in and said I was a good customer! The owners are Christians and they sell bibles in their store which is unusual!
On the island there are several statues that Chinese children like to stand in front of and have their picture taken so I put Mia with one..as you can tell she hated it!
For dinner we went to a Mexican restaurant ha ha a Mexican restaurant in china :) not quite as good as we are used to!
Day 11
Today we had to get up early to have her medical exam done but we made sure to allow plenty of time for the fabulous buffet breakfast :). She did great just didn't like them putting the stick on her tongue. The only thing I could really understand that they wrote is that she weighs 10 kg which is 22 pounds so she is doing great for her age. A few of the other kids in our group are 2 and 3 years old and they weighed the same as Mia :(.
Today for lunch we ordered papa johns ah
hhhhh yummy! More expensive than at home but worth it! We knew we were going on a dinner cruise and when the guide tells you the Chinese food isn't that good you are in trouble so we were glad we had pizza! The dinner cruise was fun but he was right ...the food was no good! Mia ate the rice and the yucky ice cream though. It was neat to see the city from the top of the cruise ship. I will have to post those pictures later because they are on my other camera. China just has so many huge buildings....it is amazing.












No comments:

Post a Comment